Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Reality Bites: Distractions & New Adventures

Reality Bites: Distractions & New Adventures


Today is the last day of August. On the 21st I made myself some goals. Let's see how I did.


Goal One was make my overall word count 5000. At the point, I'm at 5,024. Goal accomplished.


Goal Two was post a summary and a snippet of current WIP. That will be a separate post. I just need to decide on a snippet. Goal accomplished.


Goal Three was a Playlist and a Pandora channel to write by. I have several Pandora channels, so I consider that a success. I do have a writing playlist though that I did last week. I bought several CDs of new music, so the list will be changing again soon. Either way – Goal accomplished.


So there's an update on my goals from the last post. I'll try to post a new set of goals soon.


I've been distracted from my writing though. Baking and cake decorating has been a hobby of mine for over a year now. I've been inspired by Food Network's Challenge and Ace of Cakes. Anyway, I've signed up for the Wilton Basic Cake Decorating class. A friend of mine, Lisa, whom I also work with, has signed up with me. We're very excited.


If all goes well, I'll also be able to sell beautiful cakes out of my home. I'm excited about this. So I'm sure to get distracted as I start going to classes and spend time practicing my newly learned techniques. I just have to focus and I know that I can do this and keep my monthly goals.


Keep an eye out for the summary and snippet and I'll try to have the new goals posted by the end of the week.


Keep writing!


~M~



No comments:

Post a Comment