Saturday, December 31, 2011

The End of 2011 Post

So, another year is almost through. I have to say that it's bittersweet. This year hasn't been an awesome year, by any stretch of the imagination. But, still, I wrote, I read, and when it comes down to it, I can say that I'm happy.

I'm at work now (don't tell Bosslady that I'm blogging at work - although she'll probably just laugh), but when I get home I'm going to take a nap, get up and shower, before getting ready to go out tonight. My family and I are going to the bowling alley (my best friend, Poppet, might be going with us. She's not sure). We've been bowling a lot this year and I can tell you my game has significantly improved.

Though I'm pretty tired, so I'm not sure how well I'll do. Yesterday, after getting off work, I met up with Poppet and helped set up and serve at her friend's reception. That was exhausting. And I wasn't planning on having to stay. But, it happened. Everyone was very nice and the reception was decorated beautifully.

I found some prompts that inspired me while on a writing community on LiveJournal. It ran a little dark, but I can honestly say that I'm happy with what I wrote.

I'm still work on The Quill & The Mirror but I have a new story forming in my head that is fighting for attention. We'll see which one prevails.

I hope 2011 was kind to you. Here's hoping that 2012 is much better.

Happy Writing,

Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment