Saturday, March 10, 2012

ScriptFrenzy 2012: Step One - Accepting the Challenge

So, it has - rather belatedly, I might add - come to my attention that I need to be writing more - like nearly everyday. It's why I like NANOWRIMO so much. I have a goal - shared with others - to accomplish. I'm apparently not very good with personal goals. So, let's try it again:

Goal One: Participate in Scriptfrenzy. (We'll talk about that in a minute.)

Goal Two: Post something writing related on this blog at least once a week.

Every Saturday might work, too, now that I think about it. Goal Two set!

Now, back to this first goal. I've never written a "proper" script before. I don't count little skits in high school, although they probably should be. There were only ever a few of them and I remember they were pretty well received. They were always for a class project, too, and I can't remember getting a bad grade on any of the tiny skits I wrote during that time. So script writing shouldn't be too difficult. I sort of know what I'm doing.

Right?

Right?

Ha!

I've been doing a lot of reading over the last couple of days - mostly on formatting. I've never read a "proper" script before either. Lucky there's some on the internet that people can read. It's an interesting notion, to read the scripts from movies and television that I've probably watched a hundred times with thinking too much about it.

ScriptFrenzy wants participants to write 100 pages of script. I'm not sure about that, but I'm pretty sure I've just completely talked myself into this. I make no promises. We'll see where it goes.

Challenge Accepted!

Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment